Want to know the single most predictive factor to a long and healthy life? More than any medical test, answering this simple question will tell you more about someone's health prognosis than anything else.
"Are you satisfied with your life?" The more satisfied, the greater the odds that health and longevity will follow.
Here are 5 actions that you can take to increase your feelings of well being:
1. Give yourself a break. Be more forgiving on yourself and others.
2. Exercise. Humans need to move to feel good. It doesn't take much, but it goes a long way.
3. Meditate. A few minutes each day of quiet simple, silence. One pointed focus without judgement on how well one is meditating. Just do it.
4. Rest and relaxation. Stress isn't the issue, lack of recovery is. Take breaks during the day, just a minute or two at a time. Get enough sleep at night. Take a day off each week. Take vacations and don't bring your work with you.
5. Appreciations. Try before bed and upon rising, reflecting on what you are grateful for.It helps break the habit of negative thinking. Beats Xanax.
Studies are showing that these actions on their own have significant effects on our well being. Imagine what can happen if you do all of these consistently. It's the cheapest, most effective form of health insurance.